- People – Assess your customers’ ‘Social Technographics’ profile
- Objectives – Decide what you want to accomplish
- Strategy – Plan for how relationships with customer will change
- Technology – Decide which social technologies to use
NOTE: "It’s POST, not ‘TSOP’ … it doesn’t start with technology"
How to deal with detractors?
Best practice … have a crisis strategy in place. More on how to deal with detractors here.
Five types of detractors:
- Legitimate complainer
- Engaged critic
- "The Tower" – Purely centralized adoption of social media tools
- "The Tire" – Uncoordinated adoption at the edge of the organization
- "Hub & Spoke" – Central resource, but people can be flexible at the edge
- Act like a host at a part, rather than a cop
- Power is in the hands of the community
- Put the needs of the members first, followed by marketing objectives